Wednesday, November 23, 2011

~GoBbLe GoBbLe~

Thanksgiving. I am so thankful it's going to be over tomorrow so everyone stops with the "I'm Thankful" statues on FB. They make me want to vomit. Yes, I'm a bit rough around the edges I suppose but good grief.......they got old on November 3rd. I just fired right back with the most ridiculous thankful for statues you've ever read! I will miss those.

Tomorrow will be the first time we have not gathered and ate at either Granny's or Mom's. I'm not liking it to well. Food should NOT be bought for Thanksgiving already prepared nor should we gather at a restaurant. I know Mom has been sick and couldn't do it physically, so for Christmas I'm going to. Time to step up, right? If there is someone in the family healthy and able,  the meal should be prepared at home by your their two hands. Period.

And I have a question. Is their really such thing as a "children's table"? Please tell me this is a myth. I don't recall in all my 31 years ever being placed at a separate table away from the rest of the family and I have never done my children that way. However, I have eaten after the men all my life but it was never at a separate table. It was always with my Mother, Grandmother and the rest of the ladies who prepared the meal.

I hope tomorrow is calm and peaceful for us all. Unfortunately that may not be the case. So lets all suck it up and only cuss under ours breaths. At least until we get back to our cars to head home.

Gobble Gobble......

No comments:

Post a Comment