Wednesday, May 18, 2011

4 girls, 4 boys. Until today.

I have so many things I want to talk about today. I decided separate blogs were the best way to go. I want each topic to have it's importance. I don't think I'm a good enough writer to be able to stress each in one blog. Plus I can only get one picture per blog to download and that just won't do!
Today was a whirlwind of a day. # 9 of the Smith-England Clan arrived red faced and waling. I have never missed a birth. Today wasn't going to be the first. 5 births I have been present for. And she can say the same about me as well. (matter of fact she loves to tell how Zac caused her to miss the Nascar Race in Bristle) She was even my driver once while I was in labor. No birth is complete without the others presence.

15 years, 5 husbands, 3 divorces, 9 children, miscarriages, deaths, same places of employment (where they soon learned it was best to keep us together otherwise we'd just slack on the job to conversate with one another) sick children, conversations that lasted all night to many times to count. I am so glad I have had her through this chaos of a life. I am so proud you have a son, even tho you broke our streak of me having four girls and you having four girls.

15 years ago.



No comments:

Post a Comment