Thursday, September 27, 2012

For My Judy

In the Spring of 2006 I lost one of the best friends I've ever had to suicide. Her family chose to have no service for her. They wanted no flowers and no words spoken on her behalf and she was cremated and sitting on someone shelf to collect dust. Just like their memory of her. They wrote her off as if she never lived. I was never able to have closure and think of her almost every day since then. Little things have reminded me of her for 6 1/2 years. Ask my husband how many times a week I mention Judy and he would simply smile and say........often.
I have concocted this little story in my mind that she's not really dead and it was all something Judy cooked up to leave here and go somewhere great and leave all her problems behind.
And now the one and only Kenny Chesney has released a song that paralyzes me. I think he is looking for my Judy, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment