Sunday, September 8, 2013

Safe, Sober and Moral

Wanna tick people off.......express your opinion and wait.



There are much bigger things going on in the world, and like others I was sucked down into the world of Miley and her pathetic show for attention. Here's my two cents. I was not watching the awards show nor were my children. I never knew about this gross scene until a day or two later when FB was buzzing about it. I hate that she went down that road and made such a spectacle out of herself but seriously........did you expect any different out of her? She shaved her head months ago in some drastic attempt to be cool and apparently that wasn't enough "wow" for y'all. Those award shows never have anything fit for adults watch much less children and if you are one of the few whining and crying about your kids seeing that garbage then shame on you for letting them tune in to start with. There. I'm sure that went in one and out the other and your still going to gripe about how she has scared your daughters for life but seriously. It's not all on her shoulders.

Secondly this Syria stuff confuses me. I don't watch the news because I choose to completely shelter myself from the garbage. I don't know what's going on exactly and I wish I had not heard what bits and pieces that I have. My opinion on that for what it worth is, it's not our business. Maybe we are already over there, I don't know.

A couple days ago my oldest son was called by our neighbor to come help her get her sick husband in from the car. She had had him at the ER earlier where they gave him two pain shots and sent him home. He was too weak to make it inside from their car. When Peyton arrived he attempted to help him inside but our dear friend took his last breaths in Peyton's arms. That, my friends, is far more life experience than any 14 year should ever have. Today we paid our respects to him.  I found a photo of him from last year when he attended Granny's 90th Surprise Party.



 
Speaking of Granny, she isn't doing well. I have finally made arrangements for a company from Columbia to come a few day a week and help take care of her. It's a blessing. Ever minutes helps. She has absolutely no short term memory. She doesn't know the kids anymore. She asked me every day how many kids I have and her response always makes me laugh. She always asks and she always says "woooooooooooooo". Like it's the first she's heard of this each day. She can't remember what she ate for breakfast by the time she takes her last bite but she can recite a song she sang as a child word for word. Isn't it cruel how dementia eats away at it's victim like that. Picking and choosing what it tosses away and what it doesn't. Deciding what's important and what's not. Weaving and winding itself into her life not welcomed and it looks as though there's no slowing its progression. We started Aricept a couple months ago and it's soul job is to slow the progression but it's not done that. It just keeps coming with the vengeance. I bath her weekly now. At first I think this was such a disgrace to her but now she seems to enjoy it. I wash her back and she relaxes. We make jokes about all the times she gave me a bath and it lightens the mood. She's always been such a proud woman. She always says, "I never thought I'd have to be waited on like this". And I always tell her it's a honor to take care of her. And as long as I'm alive she will always stay in her home. I know things are going to change and change quickly. I've racked my brain to figure out how I'm going to take care of her in the months to come. If I am alive when she leaves this world I will hold her hand while she leaves here and she will leave her house only to enter her mansion in Heaven. I bet God has something spectacular waiting for her and when it's finished he will move her in. Until then, I will make her last days here as comfortable as possible and she will keep her dignity and grace.
 
Summer is over. Fall has arrived. September is my least favorite time of year. Something about the month is so sad for me. I think because I know the warmth is almost over. Night get cooler and leaves begin to turn. I'm glad we have started a new tradition of going on vacation to the beach this month.
 
Enjoy your Sunday and have a great week. We have entered the final countdown to vacation. The next blog will be a run down of our trip. In the words of Mrs. Polson.....keep it safe, sober and moral.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment