Friday, April 29, 2011

A Royal Day to Sull

Today I have decided to take a moment to sull. (you have been warned)
I had intended to keep the blog inspirational, centering the boys and writing about how wonderful our world is, even in all the chaos.
Today will solely be about me, and what pisses me off. (Thank you A,  for your blog this a.m. that inspired me to "bitch" a little as well.)

First of all, THE WEDDING! Wasn't it absolutely breath taking. Made me remember I have never had a wedding. Watching this couple gaze lovingly at each other and dressed to the "T" set the mood for the day. Its no secret that I have been down the isle (as ppl like to say) a few times. Marriage number one was in a court house. I was in a cheap sun dress. Pregnant. (but not showing in the least) We had pulled the judge away from a fishing trip that particular Saturday. I do's were said quickly and by the book. A few years later the divorce was finalized in the exact same room.

Number two was a bit more traditional. I was determined to have "The Dress" this time down. It was lovely. It looked like it was made just for me. We married in Gatlinburg with no friends and two family members. My sister and her husband-who were late. The dress was made for me but the man wasn't. (a story for another day) I have great pictures of me in that dress, but  the pictures out lived the marriage. Honestly, I think I just really wanted to ware a damn wedding dress. I didn't really want to be married afterwards.

Danny and I have been married 7 years. Unfortunately, once again I married in a office of the court house. I wore a Easter Dress. I realize dresses don't make the marriage, but it still would have been nice. For this Iam jealous of Kate. I'll be over it tomorrow.

The next thing that pisses me off is wining. I won't go into great detail about this but just know I don't like it. I have 4 children who whine on a daily basis and I don't want to listen to it from grown adults. (wait, did I just whine about not having a wedding? Sorry.) Grow up.

Next, I am severely aggravated with a gentleman who has tossed his children aside and decided the company of his girlfriend and her children is more important. Do men use women's children as a ploy? This man is not a gem. Don't be fooled. He only likes your children because he is not responsible for them.

Lastly, I have gotten some feedback from my bog and most has been great. You guys have had such wonderful things to say and encourage me in ways with your words that you will never know. But, there have been a few who have been offended. Let me be clear, this is my blog. If you don't like what I say, don't read it.

Love you gals. Have a wonderful weekend. And in ending........don't let the small things get you down. Talk about, write about it. Call me if you want too. I feel better already!!

And just for shits and giggles..........


1 comment:

  1. Kathy,

    Although I had what many consider a "dream wedding," I would have gladly taken a courthouse nuptial over what I had.

    It may have to do with the wedding planner (cough...my mother-in-law), but I just wanted to marry the stinkin' guy, not made a public showing of my relationship with him.

    (Sorry if this seemed like complaining.)

    By the way, I'm sure you were as beautiful during weddings 1 and 3, as you were in your picture from wedding two. No doubt about it.

    ReplyDelete