Monday, August 29, 2011

I Love you. No "but".

  I am so very proud of myself. No one told me this. No one said these exact words to me today. I came upon this feeling all by myself.

  Someone very dear to me suffers from severe depression. I have noticed a gradual decline of their health over the last few months. At the advice of others close to them I was advised to leave it alone and keep my mouth shut for fear I'd just make it worse. After a lot of thought I confronted them anyway. With a heavy heart and stern voice (just shy of begging) I ask this person to please see a Doc. Please start medications again and please take care of their self because I need them around for a while longer in sound mind. They tried to buck up on me once, but after seeing the sincerity in my face and words they agreed  to do whatever I thought was best. The other party witnessing this huge breakthrough was less than cooperative. You see, I am surrounded by people who think their God can cure anything and everything that ales you. Personally, I believe we have some fine Doc's who are very intelligent and there comes a time you have to help yourself.

  I still walked away feeling like I said a few things to this person that will stick. We will see what happens over the next few days.  I am proud of myself. This doesn't happen but once in a blue moon.  It was very rewarding to know I was heard today. Even more so rewarding to hear the words "I love you" from them. Period. No "but" afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment