Friday, January 24, 2014

January, I've had about enough of your shenanigans.

 Today was one of "those" days. 

Last night was absolutely terrible. But night time always is here now. 

January has always tried to kick my arse. I'm not sure what this month has against me but I wish it would move on to another victim. 

Today I decided to check back at previous blogs from this date even though I already knew what story they told. 

Last year on this date my Daddy was in the Medical Center. A Dr. Appointment earlier that day prompted a immediate transfer. I was not prepared at all!! About this time  I was just preparing to leave the Medical Center and come home. His bipass was scheduled for the next morning. The next morning held a surprise as well. It took me 3 hours to reach BG due to an early morning ice storm. It was one of the most difficult times of my entire life. 

Two years ago on this date was no different. It wasn't  the same nature, but very stressful and nerve racking all the same. I posted the blog link from that day below. I was not prepared for the events of that day either. 




Thankfully, today has not held any big surprises for me. Everyone is healthy for the most part. My Granny is safe and sound in my home. My Daddy is strong. What more could I ask for?! My children are great. I've come to find my place in life and becoming happier in my own skin. Yes, today did slap me around a few times but just as I have said in the years past.........your gonna have to try harder then that to bring me down. If I can survive 3 January 24th's (what is it with that date anyway?) in a row of pure hell, I can survive anything. And for the record, this one was cake compared to the others. I must be on the downhill slope. 

As for now, it's 9:30 and the two kids I have here tonite are snoring in sync with Granny and the dog. Time to send the hubs his good night text and relax till Grams is up visiting at 2 a.m. 

No comments:

Post a Comment