Thursday, August 25, 2011

A woman is only helpless until her nail polish drys.

Today is the last day I will use any of my energy on FB. I have found that I use it as a escape from my life and escaping is the very last thing I need to do right now. I handle life better when I just dive in feet first......or head first I suppose is a better example. Until what I want is accomplished I won't come back up for air. I took a last peek at FB this A.M and found a few statuses that seem to have been perfectly written for me. One in particular was. I just wanted to share a few.




Just because you feel weak, doubt yourself, & feel lost, doesn't mean you're not strong. Being strong is more than looking the part. Being strong is pushing through. Being strong is being able to admit when you're beaten down. Being strong is knowing what you want and going after it no matter the hurt. You don't have to look strong, you just have to be strong.      -Thank you, Stacy!  I love this.


There's a rumor going around that says boys are stronger than girls! Oh Please! Can you carry a 8lb baby in your stomach for 9mths? Can you cook, clean and talk on the phone @ the same time? Can you burn your forehead with a curling iron and not complain? Can you walk all day in 5" heels? Can you cry all night then wake up the next morning like everything is okay? Remember guys, women are only helpless until their nail polish dries :)  ♥       -Love love love it, Kathy G!





To you, my Boo Boo...
If you're alone, I'll be your shadow.  If you want to cry, I'll be your shoulder.  If you want a hug, I'll be your pillow.  If you need to be happy, I'll be your smile.  But anytime you need a friend, I'll just be me.
A good friend is a connection to life - a tie to the past, a road to the future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world.
Are we not like two volumes of one book?
Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind.  "Pooh!" he whispered.  "Yes, Piglet?"  "Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw.  "I just wanted to be sure of you."
A friend can tell you things you don't want to tell yourself.
When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand.  The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares.
The friend who holds your hand and says the wrong thing is made of dearer stuff than the one who stays away.                 - Kristen, you always seem to know when I need a boost. Thanks. Now, follow this blog dammit!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, but I miss you on Facebook. I get it though. I don't use it anywhere as much as I did. I found myself on the computer for sometimes six hours a day (not that I enjoy admitting that at all) but one day I woke up and was tired of it. I was wasting my life.
    I guess I'll have to visit your blog on a more regular basis, but you can email me at La_ForestGump@hotmail.com if you get bored. I was looking for you on FB to tell you that if you bought the yarn, and paid for shipping, I'd love to make you a wrap. Just tell me what yarn (color, fiber, etc) you want and I'll go get it. Talk to you soon!
    S.

    ReplyDelete